Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kabal of the scarlet shrike. (beginnings)

So as I said in the last blog post that I started on my dark eldar stuff, now time to show off what's on my operating table. 

So lets start with the thing that actually irritates me the most about current dark eldar. These guns. THe rules for them are great, but the price tag on each is 7-9 bucks on bits sites before the shipping, luckily I have 5 when I bought the army.  Now all that being said I converted up some blasters that I like better from the PLENTHORA of blaster pistols that you get building an army of Dark eldar. 

The entire conversion is a simple cut and glue of the blaster pistol onto a splinter rifle. I like it better than the standard blaster. 

And now I have enough for all my units and Trueborn. 

So lets talk raiders....old raiders specifically. Been doing a little conversion work on mine with the bits from the newer ones, The first is one that I'm using for the wrack pimp-mobile. The second is one that I've converted into a ravager, considering I had the two warriors carrying darklances I thought it was the perfect fit. 




Moving on from the raiders, I'll show off the archon and save the beastmasters for the next update (hopefully then I'll have a good idea on what to replace the razorwing flock models with so they're cheaper.

This archon is being converted from a scourge model, with bits from the finecast archon and the scourge box. when my bitz show up he is also going to have a massive horned helm from the black dragon kit for dark elves.  Right now I'm simply calling him "The archangel"



And last but not least for this Wargame Wednesday. I finally finished Throgg the troll king. 
I still love this model, and I must say I'm really glad I went with the pale icy blue for his skin tone. really makes him pop when you set him next to the other trolls...who knows I might finish up that 13 man squad soon. 

Thats all for now, See ya'll friday.

 ~SWL

1 comment:

SC0URG3 said...

That troll-king looks pimp as fuck, dude. Good job as always.

Post a Comment