Wednesday, June 26, 2013

From the operating table.

So I kitbashed another couple of miniature for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunatly no painted wargame stuff this week, holding off to see if an acquaintance at my LGS wants his Blood Angels painted, that way I might get all the red I have waiting done in one swoop.

So, first off lets check out the Haemonculus.



As you can see I used the scourge body with the kablite officer sword and wych pistol, then attached two talos vestigial arms (oh how I wish the scalpel one would have fit.) They syringe needs fixing after an unfotunate accident, but it should be easy with the talos spines I have lying around. 

Moving on to the wracks. 



Now I really like these guys (and gals) using the scourge chests along with wych legs gave them the first "medical experiment" look I was going for, and then I was amazed to discover I had almost enough right and left dagger arms to give the entire group their two weapons. I wound up chopping some of their tanks, and replacing them with talos vestigial limbs, to make them even more twisted, and I'm sure you can tell the "Liquifier gun" is a Tyranid devourer.  I think giving this entire unit the masks was a good move, hiding their twisted and pained faces. 

There is one that I like above the rest though, I've nicknamed her "The mantis".



 Next up, converted hellions/beastmasters. 

Now I like the hellion models, quite a bit, Almost enough to make me want to take a full unit of them with the baron that makes them a scorning unit....But I don't like them quite that much. That being said I also love the beastmasters, and considering I am committing to the bird theme I really want to have a full unit of beastmasters with as many razorwings as I can fit into the unit. (so if you know of a good razorwing flock proxy or conversion idea leave me a comment below.)

Finally we have the archon whom now has his helmet with large horns, though I have yet to decide what I should do for his base...considering either skulls or ruined scenery. 

As always feel free to leave comments, ideas, ect. and I'll see you guys on friday.

~SWL

No comments:

Post a Comment