Saturday, September 1, 2012

Such sweet cacophony

Hey there folks, Hope you had a great week, Before we start things off I have Emailed last weeks winner already, and for those of you who will inevitably ask, the prize they will receive is a box of assorted miniatures from a few different lines.
Now then, this week I decided to paint a bit on two HQ models that have been sitting around, Though admittedly I'm going to use the chaos one as a doom siren captain for the assault squad of noise marines. 


The first of the two I'm going to talk about however is the Blood angel. 
 Admittedly I wanted to paint some red this week, and having this model sitting on my painting table staring at me since I posted him in the first blog of upcoming stuff, I decided to work on him a bit. I had the idea while building the sanguinary guard that I wanted an HQ to go along with them that was not the sanguinor. So after looking through the book I found Brother Corbulo.
 Now if I could change two things about this model I built, it would be to replace that bolt pistol with a chalice, and fix the divide in the middle of the sword. I thought I had fixed it before I started but once I started applying washes to the metal it became vary apparent, much like a fat frog sitting on it staring at me.
 That being said however I really do like how this one turned out, I think the reds look nice and clean, and the whites really pop in contrast.


 With the "good guy" out of the way it was time to focus on one of my long neglected noise marines, more specifically I wanted to make a captain with a doom siren for the noise marine assault squad I use (who knows how that will change with the new codex though right?)


 Now I'll be the first to admit, the only thing saving this sculpt is the doom siren on his back, as the rest of the model is unnecessarily cluttered with things like chains, pipes and leather, but I decided to roll with it, I already have three of them anyway might as well use them for somthing (though if I find someone who will do resin casting for the backpacks the models themselves might find their way into my bitz box)
 Once again I decided to go with gold as the main color for the metals, only using silver for the sword, which I feel could have had more color now that I take another look at it, notes for the future.
 
Again I would just really like to say how much I like the backpacks on these guys, they just look really, really good.

I think I actually figured out what throws the entire model off,  it's the face. if it din't look like it was just slapped in there (and it's eyes weren't derped to hell and back) it might look pretty good, might be worth testing on the next one, remove the head and put a CSM head there. Or possibly just scrap the model and put the backpack on a model that deserves it.

All rants/ praise of these above models aside I would like you guys help with something, I was wondering what you the readers want to see more of, as you can see from these pictures I have no shortage of models to paint. 

 From tribal goblins....
To traitor guard...

Chaos Demons...
The host of Sigvald....
Tyranids....

Warmachine and Malifaux....
 Or even simply my noise marines.
 

But often I find myself wondering what I should paint, and not actually getting it done. So I would like to know from you, the reader, What should I work on next? What would you like to see more of? Less of?  

Thanks for reading, Hope you guys have a great week.
~SWL


1 comment:

SC0URG3 said...

Another great update, and more awesome work!

I'd like to cast my vote at some traitor guard action, mainly vehicles. It seems to me like you could use a break from foot infantry, seeing as you have so many ahead of you.

-SC0URG3

Post a Comment