Saturday, September 15, 2012

Watch the skies! (The parasite returns)

Hey there folks, This week I decided to work on the parasite after chatting with a few folk I know IRL and not having enough time to paint a tank this week. 

So time to show off the completed parasite, and the color scheme I have chosen for my 'nid army.

 Well it may be a bit of a cop out, but results from those that I hear from were so varied on the two color schemes that I decided to do them both, the medium to big sized bugs getting the darker color scheme, and the small ones getting the bright green with blue shell.
 
 It's worth noting that I tried out the secret weapon purple ink over vallejo pink for the membranes of the wings as well as a few other spots, which I think gives it a distinct contrast, though I think some butterfly type symbols wouldn't be amiss if I ever decide to touch it up.
 So all in all that is my Parasite of mortrex, hopefully I have some gargoyles completed soon to keep him company.


In other news while trying to finish the parasite I wanted to redo my company commander for my Traitor guard. As my army is fluffed as house guard gone cult, I thought it only fitting that their company commander should be the lady of the house.
 Yes I do realize there are better whips around now, but I really didn't feel like remaking or tearing the piece offso even though it looks kinda bad I still kinda like it.
 For those of you wondering the model is from anima tactics, and she's a 32mm scale, so if you decide to get some for any of your armies he will look taller and thinner than most but I feel that kinda fits for this army so I let it slide.
 Her hair was done simply with the P3 brown ink over white paint, which I was astonished looked so good when done. again the pinks were done with a light coat of purple wash over them.
If I can't get around to another tank this week You will probably see these gals next update.

As always leave any comments you may have below, and have a great week.
~SWL

2 comments:

SC0URG3 said...

You seem to paint everything in bright, vibrant colors. It's the complete opposite of my stuff. I make everything GRIMDARK. Always.

Ever.

-SC0URG3

Unknown said...

Grimdark is fine, and a good way to paint, but I prefer to show what can be done when you get away from the safe darkness of grimdark, that and I feel it makes the battles look that much better.

Post a Comment