Saturday, September 8, 2012

First of the Sister tanks: Olivia the second

So with Scourge saying last week that I should paint some tanks given the amount of infantry I showed off in my armies last week I decided to paint up the trio of Banewolves I had sitting on the shelf looking pretty with my Traitor guard.

This tank, which I have Dubbed "Olivia II" is the first of three, I am tempted to put a crown somewhere on the hull bit I think for now the arrows and Roman numerals will do fine.


I had actually forgotten how long it takes to paint a tank especially when you are doing layers. I had actually wanted to get something else done for this weeks blog, but Olivia wound up eating all the time I had to spare.

 I note looking at these photos again that my freehand is a bit heavy/shaky with things like that line above the roman numerals, something I will need to fix in the near future. 


As with the traitor guard I built up the pink with white to base coat pink, a wash of purple and then building back up to pink. The metals took a bit of work as I was attempting to use P3 for most of the tanks which did not for some reason or another want to adhere to white until I had done about 3 layers 
I was terribly tempted to put a tramp stamp on that empty spot up at the top on the back... Might wind up doing it on one of the other two.

Well that would normally be where I would end things, but I was given something interesting the other day,  I had given my friend a box filled with my old chaos marine army before I left for Germany, I had of course forgotten about it completely. He returned it to me, it it's previous condition and other than a few broken models it looked the same...That is to say by no means it looked great if there is one thing you can tell form then to now I have improved in painting. But all the games I played with them came rushing back to me as I held them in my hands and admired them, I want to make these guys into an army once more, and with the advent of the new CSM codex I think that will be possible, a few will be assimilated into my current army, but I plan to create the rest of them into a working army, their warbands name will most likely be "The sons of Sean". Just wanted to share this as well as a few pics of the least horrible looking ones, before I plop them into a bucket of simplegreen so I can repaint them in the future.






You guys have a great week, any comments, ideas or requests I'd love to hear, feel free to post in the comments below.


~SWL

4 comments:

SC0URG3 said...

I think a tramp stamp would look great on the back of those banewolves. Maybe even take it a step further, and implement some demonic runes and faces into it as it "crawls" across the hull towards the front, stretching out like a growing infection.

I also really like the green on those marines. What colour is that exactly?

-SC0URG3

Unknown said...

oddly enough it's not actually a green I mixed meridius blue with some cryx bane highlight, and then used a coat of turquoise ink, all from the P3 line.

Crab Nicholson said...

Woo more traitor guard. The only thing I would suggest and it's something Ive been meaning to do is to file off the Aquilla and other loyalist Icons. Ive done it on my Blood Pact Leman Russ and replace it with free hand sigils of Khorne. Might considering replacing yours with sigils or Slaanesh.

Unknown said...

I left one on olivia, but if you look I shaved the one off the turret, theothers have the aquillas shaved and the patch open for freehanding.

Post a Comment