Friday, August 10, 2012

Traitors among us.

So, this is going to be a small update covering only a portion of what I've been working on this week, I'm going to post it when it is finished but it's proving more time consuming that I thought having eaten the better part of two days. I've also been fixing my ForgeWorld Keeper of secrets which I am now considering repainting as I am unhappy with the skin and cloth... But enough about projects that are nebulous and I can only talk about, let's get to the meat of the post today. Traitor guard, I was asked by one of the readers (you know who you are) after mentioning that I had an Allied Traitor guard army what I did to make them look like traitor guard. The answer I gave was "Not much." and really the only thing that makes them different from regular Cadians is a paint-job and a few conversions.
 These are the first five I decided to touch up on after looking over my previous work in disgust. I wanted to make them look as though they were more of a guard regiment assigned to an Imperial house that had turned to cult worship. Thus I wanted to make their guns look more ornate and their suits look as though they had little wear and tear.
 One of the little additions I decided to do to cement their "Traitor" status was to include the arrows on their shoulder pads, which seemed a tad blank before I decided to do that (the opposite side has a roman numeral 6 on it, though why I didn't photograph it escapes me)
 Then there is the commanding officer, The spikes were taken from one of the tank sprues and attached to his back, after small holes were drilled in. I decided that even though he had the scars for the face he needed something extra, so I adorned him with a mark of Slaanesh, perhaps it will bring him luck in battle, he'll need it with all the counterattacking I plan on having these units do.

So with the actual traitor guard out of the way I'm moving onto the model I'm using as a commissar. It's a slightly converted Skarre form the Privateer Press line. All I really did was greenstuff over the holes where her horns go and attach the section from the marauder horsemen banner.  I had a thought to remove her dagger but decided in the end it would fit in with the Dark elf wyches that I was converting to also be in this army.
That's all for now, Will update again as soon as I get done with the "other" project, questions and comments in the box below I'll answer best I can.

~SWL

2 comments:

SC0URG3 said...

Dude, they look awesome. I've never had a chance to see your traitor guard before. Good job.

-SC0URG3

Unknown said...

Thanks mate, these were just the ones I fixed nice enough to post too, hopefully I get them all posted before I decide to bring them as allies. More on the way as they get finished.

Post a Comment