Saturday, September 28, 2013

Would you like to join my bible black club?

So before we get to our featured presentation. 

GW is releasing new Dark Elves in October.

And their models look better than fantastic. 




Like....Literally All of the witch elves models look amazing. I am tempted to sell two of my armies to buy stuff for my Dark Eldar, and conversion stuffs for other armies. That's if I didn't decide to make a dark elves army. 
I'll probably ramble more about this Sunday and what conversion ideas I'm already cooking up.


Anyway, You know what Game I Kickstarted ages ago and just re-found like 2 weeks ago?

Tentacle Bento.
It seems to be a fairly basic game With the concept being, You are an outerspace tentacle alien, Capture as many anime schoolgirls as you can before the schoolyear ends. I like the art, I wish each girl had their own art but I understand why they don't (saves on time and makes the regular students look more streamlined.)



"But SWL why are we talking about the game when this is a painting blog?" I hear you ask.
It did come with miniatures though, if you kicked in extra with the game. And I finally got around to painting the one I wanted this week. 


 

So lets break this model down I decided to go with art from the cards as well as the original design document for the uniform (as well as a few of the liberties taken with some of the cosplayers on the main site)  unfortunately there seems to be some disparity between the design and the actual art so I went with a kind of mix. I went with magenta for the tentacle monster because I felt it fit as a whole, and I couldn't see doing green or turquoise for some reason, I couldn't find any students that looked like this model in the art so I decided to make her dark haired with a bit of color, I almost made her a platinum blond but didn't want the model too bright. 

Her skirt was my first job at free-handing plaid which I don't think I did too well on but it still looks good so I'm calling it a win. The brickwork was done with some terracota mini-bricks I had, and the cherry blossom petals were some of the yellow petals that I used on flowers for my warjacks ages ago just painted pink. 
Over all I'm happy with this model and I think the only thing I would want to do differently would be to apply some dripping water effects from the tentacles and leaking out of the bag.

Anyway that's painting for today, Comments and emails are always welcome, Check back Sunday for more stuff. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The school girl looks cute!

Post a Comment