Sunday, April 3, 2016

Molly's playground (scenic graveyard board)

Hey everyone sorry for the slow progress, but I've been working on completing my first big scenic display board. 

Small background before we begin I have always wanted to make one of these but never tried my hand at it. After looking at a few different ways online and having worked with Cork for a while I decided that was how I was going to more said scenic board work. 

I tried out a small one with some pillars first. It looked alright but I consider it mostly a failure as the pillars don't go over the board properly. It just looks out of whack. It did give me some valuable information on how I should work with the next board though. 

This was the start, measuring out how far the bases should be from each other, and where the placement should be before putting the walls down. To get a rough size of how big the holes needed to be I took a 30mm, 40mm, and 50mm base and drew a circle around the with a permanent marker, before cutting the holes out. 


Once this was done I glued down the cork to the board and started to apply white glue where I could, then added the sand mixture I made up ( Fine sand, Stone sand, Stone "shards", and some fine basalt all mixed together) and let it dry taking care to not let the mixture pour over into the holes.



Now that the base was ready I primed it black.



Then gave it a dry brushing of Apple barrel "Chocolate bar"

Then a dry brushing of Vallejo Flat earth and a brushing of Menoth white base on top of that. 


For the Stonework I used Fortress grey from Games workshop, gunmetal with a wash of black for the metalwork, and for the flowers I used GW's Purple and Vallejo's Golden olive color. 


That's all for now but I plan to be working on Molly and her Summons crew all week so Maybe I'll throw up more than one update.

See ya'll soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment