Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Burn baby burn! (Disco inferno)

So I said I would have another update and here it is. Feora's bonded redeemer that you all saw a little of last time.


Now I'm sure the first thing you will notice is the fire I've done, it's really simple to do yourself, start with white, yellow ink over it, and then 50/50 yellow and red ink to make orange, and wash it over the yellow, the orange goes over and into the recesses and the yellow peeks out of areas.


For those not into warmachine and wondering why I added flames to this jack it's because Feora (who I painted last time) has a special ability to make one jack in her warband have all it's attacks gain continuous fire, So I wanted to bring across the idea that this is her bonded 'jack (which I am now tempted to call disco inferno) so my opponents don't forget. That and I thought the abundance of orange on this model would contrast sharply with the green of the rest of the army. 

Speaking of green you'll notice that since there is no cloth on this jack I decided to simply do the gems on his redeemer rocket pod, on the metal above his head and the three on his belt as dark emeralds. I started to do the rivets near the flames as gems but decided against it leaving green as a passive contrast that appears only a few times instead of all over the model.


Relooking at the back of the model I think I should have added some green somewhere on the back  as all that metal makes it look rather barren. Just something to keep in mind on my other light warjacks. 


The Lucky lady and Her new 'Jack.

Well that's it for now, Hopefully I'll have the choir boys done soon, and maybe talk about the idea behind this themed army for coastal assault.

No comments:

Post a Comment