Saturday, November 10, 2012

Not much of an update today.

Got my kitbashed sorcerer done for you all however, I have been working on the rank and file dudes, as well as the special characters/ captains of units but this week and the better part of last week made it an absolute pain in the ass to work on stuff. Regardless, gonna try and crack down on painting and modeling some stuff this week as I don't want to be tempted into buying more stuff.

So this sorcerer I plan to use the assault 4 primary power for  his psychic power as it seems really good if a bit random, So I used one of the backpacks form the noise marine lord (which I talked about back when I painted the blood angel and NML) to represent that.
 Now I'm not gonna be naive and not think the first thing you noticed was the scythe, I made it using the empire wizard staff head along with the icon stick from the CSM box, I had briefly considered putting red or blue for the roses but ultimately decided on a pink with purple wash as it made them pop and break up the yellow.
The scythe blade itself is the ivory bone that I like to use on clean (non-aged) bone, it's rather simple to do starting with a regular slightly tan white color (in this case menoth white), use a sepia wash or watered down brown ink over it, and then add a bit of white to the first color, recovering the main area in broad strokes.



Due to lack of interest in the giveaway I will not be doing one this week, but those who entered last week will be contacted rest assured.

See you soon.

~SWL

1 comment:

SC0URG3 said...

Looks great, but my only concern is that the scythe outshines the rest of the mini. Maybe picking out some details on the rest of the mini will make it pop.

Still though, great concept and execution of the theme of the army. I approve.

Post a Comment