Friday, October 12, 2012

It's how big!? (small update)

Sorry to disappoint, but with some stuff going on this week as well as not being able to pick up anything until today (friday) I seem to have fallen behind, rest assured I still have an update but it's a smaller one before I show off the one of the projects I've been working with off and on for a year now.  SO let me start off by saying the Chaos codex is great having picked it up and thumbed through it. I forsee quite a few good matches coming from it's rules and am rather liking the idea of a slaanesh sorc riding around with 9 feel no pain noise marines tooled for assault in a land raider. Also it gave me a good name for my Chaos Imperial fists so I don't have to call them "Dornian heresy" Marines anymore. The brotherhood of Lethe, Which opens up all sorts of ideas for scenic basing. But that isn't what I want to talk about today, what I want to talk about is one of our new toys for heavy support.

Now I was dubious when I first saw the fiends, but have been since convinced that they can fill a much needed roll in our army, so I picked one up and while being surprisingly simple to put together is also quite large, I was actually amazed how big the thing is.



I recall being surprised at the size of the Tervigon when I got one of those too and wonder if I just have a hard-on for Monstrous creatures. But I find that the more I look at this model as well as it's conversion potential to other projects the more I find myself liking it. The guns look good, the pipes on it's flanks look excellent (for just about any vehicle that you want to have a small pipe-organ feel. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the reptilian head, but I must commend them for giving us the alternative shown above.

That's all for now, expect a larger update this week which will also include some W.I.P.s

~SWL

2 comments:

SC0URG3 said...

While I like the torso, I'm not a fan of the gun arms. I feel like they could have been a bit bulkier or mounted differently. I'm also trying to figure out if I want to run one with my Deathguard or make it a central piece for a splinter force of the Word Bearers I wanted to make, or start an Alpha Legion sleeper army.

-SC0URG3

Ennamon said...

I kinda wish they were back mounted and the forelegs were move foreward instead.

Post a Comment